- Photo Gallery: some glimpses of celebration of Holi, the festival of colour, in Kathmandu-
- IGP Khanal leaves for Thailand to participle in BIMSTEC meet
- French honorary distinction conferred on Pande
- UK’s May prepares to ask EU for short Brexit delay
- Foreign aid begins flowing to cyclone-hit southern Africa
Nepal-Pakistan Friendship T-20 Cricket Tournament begins
Kathmandu, Dec 12: Mayor of the Kathmandu metropolitan city Bidya Sundar Shakya Wednesday inaugurated the 4th Annual Nepal-Pakistan Friendship T20 Cricket tournament.
The ten day tournament includes 16 teams and it will conclude on December 21.
Addressing the inaugural ceremony, mayor Shakya highlighted the potential of cricket in bringing the youths of the two countries together. He appreciated the Pakistan Embassy’s initiative for organizing this annual sports event.
Speaking on the occasion, the ambassador of Pakistan, Dr. Mazhar Javed, expressed his satisfaction with growing popularity of this annual sports event among Nepali youths.
The Hockey Team from Nepal which will leave for Pakistan shortly to participate in an International tournament also witnessed the inaugural ceremony, according to the press release of the Embassy of Pakistan.
By Amarendra Yadav Kathmandu, Jan. 20: Foreign Affairs Minister Pradeep Kumar Gyawali said on Saturday that a high level participation of Nepal in the...