- Photo Gallery: some glimpses of celebration of Holi, the festival of colour, in Kathmandu-
- IGP Khanal leaves for Thailand to participle in BIMSTEC meet
- French honorary distinction conferred on Pande
- UK’s May prepares to ask EU for short Brexit delay
- Foreign aid begins flowing to cyclone-hit southern Africa
Death toll in Nuwakot truck plunge reaches 18
Betrawati, Nuwakot, Dec 14 (RSS): The death toll in the Nuwakot truck plunge on Friday evening has climbed to 18.
Of the dead (three women and 15 men), three have been identified as Rival Tamang and Aite Tamang, both from Ghyangphedi, and Ritesh Pandit from Shikharbeshi. All of them died on the spot.
Of the rescued injured passengers, seven have been sent to a hospital, said Chief District Officer Uddhab Bahadur Thapa, adding that it was difficult to take others to the hospital for want of vehicles. Rescue operation is ongoing, he said.
The accident took place when a mini-truck (Ba 3 Kha 3913) slid off the road and fell some 500 meters at Ghyangphedi of Dupcheshwor rural municipality-1 in Nuwakot. Over 40 people were on-board the vehicle.
By Amarendra Yadav Kathmandu, Jan. 20: Foreign Affairs Minister Pradeep Kumar Gyawali said on Saturday that a high level participation of Nepal in the...