- Photo Gallery: some glimpses of celebration of Holi, the festival of colour, in Kathmandu-
- IGP Khanal leaves for Thailand to participle in BIMSTEC meet
- French honorary distinction conferred on Pande
- UK’s May prepares to ask EU for short Brexit delay
- Foreign aid begins flowing to cyclone-hit southern Africa
Elderly dies in fire accident in Dolakha
Charikot, Dec 18: A 75-year-old man died in a fire accident at Bigu rural municipality-8 in Dolakha district on Monday night.
The deceased has been identified as Bal Bahadur Thami, according to the Police Inspector at the District Police Office, Dolakha, Madhav Prasad Kafle.
Thami, a quake-victim, had been staying under a tarpaulin tent as his cemented house was being built. He had slept by the fire around 10 pm which caught his makeshift shelter and claimed his life.
Although the fire was put out by 12 midnight, the fire reduced the tent to ashes and killed the elderly, police said.
By Amarendra Yadav Kathmandu, Jan. 20: Foreign Affairs Minister Pradeep Kumar Gyawali said on Saturday that a high level participation of Nepal in the...