- Photo Gallery: some glimpses of celebration of Holi, the festival of colour, in Kathmandu-
- IGP Khanal leaves for Thailand to participle in BIMSTEC meet
- French honorary distinction conferred on Pande
- UK’s May prepares to ask EU for short Brexit delay
- Foreign aid begins flowing to cyclone-hit southern Africa
Bandipur receives 150,000 tourists
Damauli, Jan 2: Tanahun’s tourism hub Bandipur has received 150,000 tourists during the period of a year.
Tourism Development Committee Chairperson Baisha Bahadur Gurung informed that 150,000 tourists had entered into Bandipur from January to December 2018. Around 100,000 tourists had visited Bandipur in the year 2017. “Roughly 80 percent of the visitors are domestic”, he shared. “The tourism hub had received higher number of external tourists from the United States, Thailand, China, India and Korea”.
There was a huge influx of domestic tourists to Bandipur during the English New Year 2019, he shared, adding that Nepali people have gradually cultivated the habit of moving around the domestic places which also has contributed to promote domestic tourism.
There is a huge flow of tourists to Bandipur in the winter season. Around 300 tourists are visiting Bandipur every day.
Bandipur has 57 hotels and 22 home stay to manage the living and food accommodation of tourists. (RSS)
By Amarendra Yadav Kathmandu, Jan. 20: Foreign Affairs Minister Pradeep Kumar Gyawali said on Saturday that a high level participation of Nepal in the...