- Journalism should be for promotion of national unity: Prachanda
- Perpetrators of enforced disappearance shall be brought to book: Minister Gyawali
- Talks and control simultaneously; Home Minister
- Works related to scientific management of forests begin
- Govt employees should use Nepali fabrics: Minister Yadav
Power house caught with fire
Betrawati, Jan. 3: Power generation from Trishuli Hydropower Centre in Nuwakot district has disrupted following a fire in the power house occurred last evening. With the fire, a total of 53 megawatt including 21 megawatt from Trishuli Hydropower Project and 14 megawatt from Devighat Hydropower Project is disconnected to the national transmission line.
Chief of Trishuli Hydropower Tara Dutta Bhatta said that a generator of 6.6 KV of Breaker No. 6 was completely destroyed in the fire that happened following the excessive heat generation in the electricity transmitter.
Bhatta added that around 10 million rupees would incur to repair the damaged equipments while around a week is expected to take to resume the power transmission from the Centre.
Earlier, fires had occurred on July 10 and November 24, 2018 in the power house. RSS