- Seven percent economic growth predicted for this year
- Trump breaks with Japan’s Abe on North Korean missile tests
- Green wave: Europe wakes up to climate concerns after vote
- Journalism should be for promotion of national unity: Prachanda
- Perpetrators of enforced disappearance shall be brought to book: Minister Gyawali
Fifth International Karate Championship to kick off from Jan 10
Kathmandu, Jan 3: The fifth Sagarmatha International Karate Championship would kick off from January 10 in Kathmandu.
The competition is to be held under the aegis of Nepal Karate Federation on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of Nepal Shitoryu Karate Association, Dojo Naxal.
Around 2,000 players from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Bhutan besides Nepal are vying in the competition where 15 events would take place under various weight categories as 20 kg, 23 kg, 25 kg, 27 kg, 30 kg among others.
The players will be vying for 30 gold medals in the two-day event, according to Competition Chief Coordinator, Gajendra Bahadur Khapangi. (RSS)