- Photo Gallery: some glimpses of celebration of Holi, the festival of colour, in Kathmandu-
- IGP Khanal leaves for Thailand to participle in BIMSTEC meet
- French honorary distinction conferred on Pande
- UK’s May prepares to ask EU for short Brexit delay
- Foreign aid begins flowing to cyclone-hit southern Africa
Fifth International Karate Championship to kick off from Jan 10
Kathmandu, Jan 3: The fifth Sagarmatha International Karate Championship would kick off from January 10 in Kathmandu.
The competition is to be held under the aegis of Nepal Karate Federation on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of Nepal Shitoryu Karate Association, Dojo Naxal.
Around 2,000 players from India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Bhutan besides Nepal are vying in the competition where 15 events would take place under various weight categories as 20 kg, 23 kg, 25 kg, 27 kg, 30 kg among others.
The players will be vying for 30 gold medals in the two-day event, according to Competition Chief Coordinator, Gajendra Bahadur Khapangi. (RSS)
By Amarendra Yadav Kathmandu, Jan. 20: Foreign Affairs Minister Pradeep Kumar Gyawali said on Saturday that a high level participation of Nepal in the...