- Nepal wants to get maximum benefit from OBOR: Foreign Minister Dr Mahat
- US acknowledges its forces were behind airstrike on Mosul
- Ronaldo nets 2 in Portugal win, Andorra ends 58-loss streak
- Federer wins opening match at Key Biscayne against US teen
- Ferrari's Vettel masters Hamilton to win Australian GP
Freed kamaiyas bound to drink Arsenic water
Kanchanpur, Nov 17: The freed kamaiyas at Banka of Krishnapur-2 in the district are bound to drink the water laced with arsenic.
They have been worried after the water generated through hand pipes installed under the ground was arsenical.
A local Lahure Dagaura said the water from all hand pipes is full of arsenic. "Although we know we get diseased with this water, we've no alternative at all."
It was three years back, the arsenic was found in the water they were consuming after conducting a test. An organization which had conducted the test, had indicated the hand pipes where there was undrinkable water.
Another local Tej Bahadur Chaudhari said more that 40 out of 96 households are bound to use such contaminated water.
They complained that although the Constituent Assembly member, and VDC, and DDC were drawn attention on it, they were ignoring.
Six months into office, Minister for Health Gagan Kumar Thapa has launched a series of policy reforms in the health sector. A popular youth leader of the Nepali Congress, Thapa has pulled up his weight to carve a similar image as minister. Many of his welfare decisions are intended to benefit the poor,...