- Photo Gallery: some glimpses of celebration of Holi, the festival of colour, in Kathmandu-
- IGP Khanal leaves for Thailand to participle in BIMSTEC meet
- French honorary distinction conferred on Pande
- UK’s May prepares to ask EU for short Brexit delay
- Foreign aid begins flowing to cyclone-hit southern Africa
Snowfall grips Huma; transport disrupted and life affected
Humla, Jan 7: The snowfall that has occurred since last Sunday night has increasingly affected normal life in Himalayan district, Humla.
With the district temperature reaching below minus 15, the locals are feeling trouble to come outside of their homes.
As the snowfall continues, district headquarters, Simkot, has seen a feet snow while villages in the north from Simkot witnessed two-foot snow.
The continuous snowfall caused fall of mercury in northern belt of the district, including Limi, Muchu, Khagalgaun, Syanda, Hepka and Bargaun.
The snowfall has also caused disruption of regular transport operation in the district. (RSS)
By Amarendra Yadav Kathmandu, Jan. 20: Foreign Affairs Minister Pradeep Kumar Gyawali said on Saturday that a high level participation of Nepal in the...