- Int'l conference on migrant workers on Nov 12-14
- Senate meet of Mid-Western University approves annual budget of Rs. 1.04 billion
- PAC forms sub-committee to study dues of NEA dedicated line users
- NCP finalises district commitee in-charges and joint in-charges
- Vice President attends Egypt's National Day reception
79th National Day of Pakistan celebrated in Kathmandu
Kathmandu, Mar. 23: Embassy of Pakistan in Kathmandu celebrated the 79th National Day of Pakistan amidst a programme here.
On the eve of 79th National Day of Pakistan, Flag hoisting ceremony was held at Embassy of Pakistan on Saturday morning. Ambassador of Pakistan Dr Mazhar Javed hoisted the national flag. On the occasion, special messages of President of Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Arif Alvi, and Prime Minister, Imran Khan, were also read out. Officials of the Embassy, Pakistani community in Nepal and representatives of media participated in the ceremony.
Pakistan Day Reception was also held in the evening where invitees included Vice President Nanda Bahadur Pun. The reception was attended by diplomats, Nepalese dignitaries, senior government officials, prominent political leaders, Pakistani community members, and academicians, members of think tanks, businessmen, bankers, senior media representatives and members of civil society.
In his welcome speech at the National Day reception, ambassador of Pakistan Dr Mazhar Javed stated that Pakistan was for peace and prosperity in the South Asia region and the whole world.