- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
Pakistan expresses shock over deaths of US, Italian hostage
ISLAMABAD, April 24 (AP) — Pakistan has expressed "shock and sorrow" over the inadvertent deaths of an American and an Italian hostage held by al-Qaida in a U.S. drone strike in January near the Afghan border.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs extended Pakistan's condolences in a statement Friday, saying the deaths of hostages Warren Weinstein and Giovanni Lo Porto underline the "risk and unintended consequences of the use of this technology that Pakistan has been highlighting for a long time."
The ministry says Pakistan has "lost thousands of its citizens in the war on terror and it can fully understand this tragic loss and stands with the families of the two victims."
Pakistan is an ally of the United States in the war against terrorism but opposes the use of drones, saying it's counterproductive
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...