Fire guts retail store   

Damak, May 23 :  Goods and property worth millions of rupees were destroyed when fire gutted a retail store at Damak Chok in Jhapa district last night.

The fire is said to have started due to an electric short circuit.   

 
The shop operated by Manoj Saha at Damak-5 was completely gutted by the fire that started at around 11.30 pm, the Area Police Office, Damak stated.

The shop was being run at Santa Bahadur Rai's house. The fire also caught an adjoining mobile phone shop operated by Raj Agrawal. 

   
Goods worth more than 3 million rupees were gutted at Saha's shop and over one million rupees at the mobile shop, according to police preliminary estimates.

    
Locals and police contained the fire after about two hours with the help of two fire engines of the Damak municipality.(RSS)    

More Articles
Comments
Name

Email

Address


Copyright © 2014, Gorkhapatraonline.com. All rights reserved. | Developed by: Young Minds