- Int'l conference on migrant workers on Nov 12-14
- Senate meet of Mid-Western University approves annual budget of Rs. 1.04 billion
- PAC forms sub-committee to study dues of NEA dedicated line users
- NCP finalises district commitee in-charges and joint in-charges
- Vice President attends Egypt's National Day reception
Vice President Pun wishes harmony, fraternity on Eid
Kathmandu, June 5: Vice-President Nanda Bahadur Pun has hoped the Eid Ul Fitre, the festival being celebrated by the Muslim community today, would strengthen social amity and religious and cultural harmony in the country.
Extending a message of best wishes on the occasion of the Eid, Vice President Pun wished the festival inspired all to devote to the campaign of 'prosperous Nepal: happy Nepali.'
He also wished peace and prosperity to the Muslim community and Nepalis living in the country and abroad.
Festival fosters tolerance: Speaker Mahara
On the same occasion, Speaker Krishna Bahadur Mahara extended best wishes to the Muslim community and hoped the festival would enhance fraternity, socio-cultural tolerance and national unity.