- Int'l conference on migrant workers on Nov 12-14
- Senate meet of Mid-Western University approves annual budget of Rs. 1.04 billion
- PAC forms sub-committee to study dues of NEA dedicated line users
- NCP finalises district commitee in-charges and joint in-charges
- Vice President attends Egypt's National Day reception
15 inter-caste couples honoured
Beni, June 5: Fifteen couples who had done the inter-caste marriage have been honoured here. The joint political Dalit struggle committee honoured the couple amidst a programme organized on the occasion of the national day on elimination of untouchability on Monday.
Committee chief Devindra Bahadur KC, deputy mayor of Beni municipality, Sanju Baruwal, Chief District Officer, Liladhar Adhikari, deputy chief of Malik rural municipality, and committee coordinator Bal Bahadur Bishworka felicitated the couples.
They were felicitated to create positive social perspective towards the inter caste marriage and encourage the couples, said committee coordinator Bishwokarma.
Other speakers at the programme stressed the need to create public awareness against untouchability to practically end the discrimination among the castes. They also argued that caste based discrimination is a social crime indeed.