- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
Artists Collecting Relief Material for Earthquake Victims
Kathmandu, May 3: The followers of Nepali fine arts have collected Rs 55,500 as a relief to the earthquake victims.
They initiated the campaign for relief collection and distribution. Campaign coordinator Shant Kumar Rai said they were making people aware on the need of preserving and reconstructing the historical and cultural heritages. He added that the campaign was for pressing the government and civil society, so that initiative would intensify for the preservation of the heritages.
Moreover, the campaign is organizing a blood donation programme in view of the quake victims who are in need of blood for operation.
The campaign has 58 members. RSS
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...