- Int'l conference on migrant workers on Nov 12-14
- Senate meet of Mid-Western University approves annual budget of Rs. 1.04 billion
- PAC forms sub-committee to study dues of NEA dedicated line users
- NCP finalises district commitee in-charges and joint in-charges
- Vice President attends Egypt's National Day reception
Jeep veers off road in Dhading, five dead, 10 injured
By Murari Adhikari, Dhading, June 21: Five persons have died while 10 others have been seriously injured when a jeep veered off the road at Bajhgaun of Galchhi rural municipality in Dhading district.
The ill-fated Bolero jeep with registration number Ba 18 Cha 9408 was heading toward Baireni from Sirubari of Galchhi rural municipality-5.
According to subinspector of Nepal Police at Baireni police post, Janak Basnet, the deceased have been identified as Nanu Tamang, 25, of Galchhi rural municipality-6, Kanchhi Bhujel, 30, of the same place, Sete Mijar, 38, of Galchhi rural municipality-4 and Raju Ramtel, 25, of the same place. Sabita Pyakurel, 21, of Galchhi rural municipality-4, who was criticaly injured breathed her last while being taken to health institutions for tretment.
The injured have been taken to Trauma Center in Kathmandu after initial treatment at local health posts.
The jeep that was laden with vegetables slid off the road up and landed at the road below.