- Finance Minister Mahara urges ADBL to extend services to rural areas
- Mega Bank and Tourism Development Bank to merge
- PM Prachanda pledges investment for snow leopard conservation
- Police heads from Asia Pacific Region for separate strategy to combat transnational crimes
- Philippine protesters ask Duterte to stay away from Trump
Timber worth Rs 7 million remains dumped
Ilam, Dec 9: Timber worth seven million rupees confiscated at different times by the Gajurmukhi Area Forest Office here lies dumped as the office failed to auction it off.
Similarly, different vehicles including a bus, a truck, five tractors, a pick-up van, two motorcycles and a couple of bicycles used in timber smuggling that the Office seized also are dumped for the same reason.
Meanwhile, the Office has filed 36 cases against 148 people on the charge of timber smuggling and illegal felling of trees in different national forests in the southern range of the district.
The timber and vehicles that are dumped on the premises of the Office were confiscated during the last five years, it is stated. RSS
Prof. Hem Raj Subedi is a noted expert on conflict mediation and resolution. Professor Subedi is currently a PhD Programme Coordinator and Head of...