- Nepal wants to get maximum benefit from OBOR: Foreign Minister Dr Mahat
- US acknowledges its forces were behind airstrike on Mosul
- Ronaldo nets 2 in Portugal win, Andorra ends 58-loss streak
- Federer wins opening match at Key Biscayne against US teen
- Ferrari's Vettel masters Hamilton to win Australian GP
Timber worth Rs 7 million remains dumped
Ilam, Dec 9: Timber worth seven million rupees confiscated at different times by the Gajurmukhi Area Forest Office here lies dumped as the office failed to auction it off.
Similarly, different vehicles including a bus, a truck, five tractors, a pick-up van, two motorcycles and a couple of bicycles used in timber smuggling that the Office seized also are dumped for the same reason.
Meanwhile, the Office has filed 36 cases against 148 people on the charge of timber smuggling and illegal felling of trees in different national forests in the southern range of the district.
The timber and vehicles that are dumped on the premises of the Office were confiscated during the last five years, it is stated. RSS
Six months into office, Minister for Health Gagan Kumar Thapa has launched a series of policy reforms in the health sector. A popular youth leader of the Nepali Congress, Thapa has pulled up his weight to carve a similar image as minister. Many of his welfare decisions are intended to benefit the poor,...