- About 3,000 Palestinians participate in protest along Israel-Gaza border
- Trump calls DPRK's nuke test suspension "very good news"
- Minister Tamang sees no prosperity without youths' contribution
- Foreign Minister Gyawali back home from China, outlines five priority areas under BRI
- Speaker Mahara launches book on agricultural economy of Nepal
Timber worth Rs 7 million remains dumped
Ilam, Dec 9: Timber worth seven million rupees confiscated at different times by the Gajurmukhi Area Forest Office here lies dumped as the office failed to auction it off.
Similarly, different vehicles including a bus, a truck, five tractors, a pick-up van, two motorcycles and a couple of bicycles used in timber smuggling that the Office seized also are dumped for the same reason.
Meanwhile, the Office has filed 36 cases against 148 people on the charge of timber smuggling and illegal felling of trees in different national forests in the southern range of the district.
The timber and vehicles that are dumped on the premises of the Office were confiscated during the last five years, it is stated. RSS
Nepal is a country that produces some of the finest tea in the world. Its share in the international market is gradually increasing – from a nascent...