- Rapist gets life imprisonment
- Province- 2 CM Raut seeking vote of confidence in provincial parliament today
- Indian national killed in bus mishap
- PM pledges to develop Indradaha into tourist spot Highlights Kalu Pandey’s contribution to nation building
- Notorious gangster Pun killed in police encounter
Timber worth Rs 7 million remains dumped
Ilam, Dec 9: Timber worth seven million rupees confiscated at different times by the Gajurmukhi Area Forest Office here lies dumped as the office failed to auction it off.
Similarly, different vehicles including a bus, a truck, five tractors, a pick-up van, two motorcycles and a couple of bicycles used in timber smuggling that the Office seized also are dumped for the same reason.
Meanwhile, the Office has filed 36 cases against 148 people on the charge of timber smuggling and illegal felling of trees in different national forests in the southern range of the district.
The timber and vehicles that are dumped on the premises of the Office were confiscated during the last five years, it is stated. RSS