- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
One municipality, 30 VDCs declared literate in Panchthar
Panchthar, June 25: The declaration of literate Village Development Committees (VDC) is gaining momentum in Panchthar district.
A municipality and 30 VDCs of Panchthar have been so far declared as fully literate local body, according to the Panchthar District Education Office.
District Education Officer Gyanmani Nepal shared that some 14,803 illiterate people aged between 15-59 years in the district are being declared literate after some interventions.
He further informed that a municipality and 38 VDCs will turn to be the local body with the status of full literacy on June 27. Nepal added that, "The declaration is taking pace. All VDCs of the district will be announced to be fully literate on June 27". It may be noted that Panchthar will be declared the literate district on July 14. RSS