- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
One municipality, 30 VDCs declared literate in Panchthar
Panchthar, June 25: The declaration of literate Village Development Committees (VDC) is gaining momentum in Panchthar district.
A municipality and 30 VDCs of Panchthar have been so far declared as fully literate local body, according to the Panchthar District Education Office.
District Education Officer Gyanmani Nepal shared that some 14,803 illiterate people aged between 15-59 years in the district are being declared literate after some interventions.
He further informed that a municipality and 38 VDCs will turn to be the local body with the status of full literacy on June 27. Nepal added that, "The declaration is taking pace. All VDCs of the district will be announced to be fully literate on June 27". It may be noted that Panchthar will be declared the literate district on July 14. RSS
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...