- Rapist gets life imprisonment
- Province- 2 CM Raut seeking vote of confidence in provincial parliament today
- Indian national killed in bus mishap
- PM pledges to develop Indradaha into tourist spot Highlights Kalu Pandey’s contribution to nation building
- Notorious gangster Pun killed in police encounter
Elephant tramples mushroom collector to death
Bhimduttanagar, June 29: A local of Dodhara Chandani Municipality-3 in Kanchanpur district died in a wild elephant attack while collecting mushroom in a nearby Indian forest on Sunday.
Bal Bahadur Thapa, 65, was killed by a stampeding elephant, according to Shankar Singh Dhami, Inspector of Armed Police Border Security Force.
Thapa’s body was found in the Indian forest some two kilometers far from the border pillar no. 13. A joint team of the Armed Police Force (APF) and Indian SSB force recovered Thapa’s body from Nagra area in the forest after learning about the incident.
The elephants from the Indian forests have been creating terror in the Nepal-India border for long while the elephants have demolished over two dozen houses at Baduwal area in Dodhara Chandani Municipality. RSS