- Houses in Humla's remote villages give way under incessant downpour
- Police hand over Rs 21,000 seized from gamblers to support students
- Former people's representative Sangraula passes away
- Vultures disappearing from Bardiya at an alarming rate, 1200 pairs recorded in 2006
- Kylie breaks silence on Tyga split
'New constitution within a month'
Biratnagar, July 5: CPN (UML) Chairman KP Sharma Oli has expressed the belief that the new constitution would be promulgated by the end of July.
Talking briefly to media persons at Biratnagar Airport here today, Chairman Oli said the draft of the new constitution would be put before the people for the suggestion once the draft is passed from the Constituent Assembly (CA).
He clarified that there was no meaning of protest of some lawmakers and added that the international community has wanted an end to ongoing political transition in Nepal through constitution promulgation.
The CPN (UML) Chairman stressed that the unity among political parties would exist until the promulgation of new constitution, as the consensus forged among political parties in course of constitution writing process is a historical achievement.
Responding to a query, the UML chief said promulgating the new constitution was his first priority rather than becoming the prime minister.
Ambassador of Nepal to the United Nations 1991-1994, Jaya Raj Acharya was inspired by diplomatic luminaries such as Prof. Yadunath Khanal and Rishikesh...