- About 3,000 Palestinians participate in protest along Israel-Gaza border
- Trump calls DPRK's nuke test suspension "very good news"
- Minister Tamang sees no prosperity without youths' contribution
- Foreign Minister Gyawali back home from China, outlines five priority areas under BRI
- Speaker Mahara launches book on agricultural economy of Nepal
Shrestha sworn in as Chief Justice
Kathmandu, July 8: President Dr Ram Baran Yadav today administered oath of office and secrecy to Chief Justice (CJ) Kalyan Shrestha. President Dr Yadav administered oath of office and secrecy to Shrestha amid a function at the Office of the President in Sheetal Niwas.
On the occasion, Vice-President Parmanand Jha, Prime Minister Sushil Koirala, Speaker Subas Nembang, deputy prime ministers, chiefs of constitutional bodies, former prime ministers, ministers, chief secretary, chiefs of security bodies and others high-level government officials were present.
Shrestha was appointed the CJ from today after Ram Kumar Prasad Saha was retired from the post on the ground of age limit on Tuesday.
Based on the recommendation of the Constitutional Council, a parliamentary hearing special committee had approved Shrestha’s name as the CJ on June 29.
It is learnt that Shrestha shall remain in the top post of the judiciary for next ten months. RSS
Nepal is a country that produces some of the finest tea in the world. Its share in the international market is gradually increasing – from a nascent...