- Houses in Humla's remote villages give way under incessant downpour
- Police hand over Rs 21,000 seized from gamblers to support students
- Former people's representative Sangraula passes away
- Vultures disappearing from Bardiya at an alarming rate, 1200 pairs recorded in 2006
- Kylie breaks silence on Tyga split
‘Education is the priority sector for overall change in country’
Parasi, July 16: Education Minister Chitra Lekha Yadav has said education is the foundation for bringing about overall change in the country.
She said so while addressing a programme to declare the Nawalparasi District as the fully literate district here today.
The Minister for Education described education as the backbone for the country’s development as it opens the door to all types of development.
She also stressed that all citizens should fulfill their responsibility towards the development of the education sector.
The district was declared ‘the District Achieving Full Literacy’ as 98 per cent of the total population of 430,804 of the district of the 15 to 60 year age group was certified to be literate.
Ambassador of Nepal to the United Nations 1991-1994, Jaya Raj Acharya was inspired by diplomatic luminaries such as Prof. Yadunath Khanal and Rishikesh...