- Body of a woman, probably murdered, recovered in Sarlahi
- Motorable bridge underconstruction at Dana, Annapurna Rural Municipality-3, swept away
- Individual grabs community school's land at Siddharthanagar Municipality-3
- Conflict issues remain as pain of nation: leader Khanal
- Disaster preparedness and response initiative concludes
Petrol bombs hurled targeting FM Mahat
Nuwakot, July 20: Petrol bombs were hurled targeting the vehicle carrying Finance Minister Dr Ram Sharan Mahat at Suryamati VDC today. Minister Mahat was on his way to Nuwakot Constituency No 2 to collect people's feedback on preliminary draft of new constitution.
No one was hurt however in the incident. An unidentified person had hurled three petrol bombs targeting the vehicle carrying the Finance Minister.
Police personnel who reached the incident site said that it has not been confirmed yet whether or not it was petrol bombs. Police Chief in Nuwakot, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Arun Poudel, said that the team found one broken bottle and two other bottles used to develop the improvised explosive device from the incident site.
Investigation into the incident was underway, said DSP Poudel. Gajendra Bista, press advisor of the Minister Mahat, however said that petrol bombs were hurled targeting Finance Minister Mahat.
The Media Council Bill that the government has registered in the National Assembly has been dragged into controversy. Media workers have also been divided...