- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Indian Army Chief returns
Kathmandu, Nov 15: Indian Army Chief General Dalbir Singh returned home on Saturday, completing a four-day official visit to Nepal.
A six-member team led by General Singh had arrived on 12 November at the invitation of Nepal Army Chief of Army Staff, Gaurav SJB Rana.
During the visit, President Dr Ram Baran Yadav conferred the decoration of honorary General of Nepal Army to Indian Army Chief General Dalbir Singh.
It has been a long-standing tradition to confer the NA decoration to the Indian Army Chiefs as continuity to the cordial relations between the two armies, and cultural, religious and historic ties between Nepal and India.
General Singh also called on Prime Minister Sushil Koirala during the stay, and went on an inspection tour of Birendra Peace Operations Training Center in Kavre, the High Altitude Military Training Camp at Kaisang of Jomsom and Western Divisional Headquarters in Pokhara.
The Indian Army Chief expressed belief that the visit would help in further strengthening the cordial relations between the two armies.
NA top-level official Rajendra Bikram Shah bade farewell to Indian Army chief at the Tribhuvan International Airport. RSS