- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
Study begins for renovation of Boudhanath Chaitya
Kathmandu, July 22: The Boudhanath Area Development Committee has begun a study for the renovation of the Boudhanath Chaitya. The Boudhanath chaitya or stupa suffered damage in the April 25 earthquake and its subsequent aftershocks.
The study by a team of experts will be carried out for a month and will present a report to the Committee, according to its Chairperson Sapurna Kumar Lama.New technology would likely be adopted to renovate the damages but the existing structure will be continued, Lama said.
Resources for the renovation work will be collected from within and outside the country. RSS
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...