- About 3,000 Palestinians participate in protest along Israel-Gaza border
- Trump calls DPRK's nuke test suspension "very good news"
- Minister Tamang sees no prosperity without youths' contribution
- Foreign Minister Gyawali back home from China, outlines five priority areas under BRI
- Speaker Mahara launches book on agricultural economy of Nepal
Walkathon to mark Nepal-China relations
Kathmandu, Aug. 1: A walkathon was organized here this morning to mark the 60 years of establishment of diplomatic relations between Nepal and China.
Foreign Minister Mahendra Bahadur Pandey, Chief Secretary Lilamani Paudyal and Chinese Ambassador to Nepal Wu Chuntai jointly inaugurated the walkathon organized by Nepal Chamber of Commerce.
The walkathon that began from the premises of Nepal Academy in Kamaladi passed through Ghantaghar-Ratna Park-New Road and ended on reaching Basantapur durbar square.
The Foreign Minister was joined in the walkathon by the Chamber executive committee members, foreign ministry officials, member of Nepal-China Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Chinese citizens in Nepal for work and business, officials of the Chinese embassy and journalists.
The walkathon was organized to make the 60th anniversary day of diplomatic relations between the two countries memorable and wishing that the bilateral relations are everlasting, said the Chamber President Rajesh Kaji Shrestha.
Diplomatic relations between Nepal and China was established on 1 August 1955. RSS
Nepal is a country that produces some of the finest tea in the world. Its share in the international market is gradually increasing – from a nascent...