- Rapist gets life imprisonment
- Province- 2 CM Raut seeking vote of confidence in provincial parliament today
- Indian national killed in bus mishap
- PM pledges to develop Indradaha into tourist spot Highlights Kalu Pandey’s contribution to nation building
- Notorious gangster Pun killed in police encounter
NSU Deuba faction submits memorandum to DPM Singh
Kathmandu, Nov 18: Leaders of Nepal Students Union (NSU) who are in favor of its convention have submitted a memorandum to the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Federal Affairs and Local Development today.
Party senior leader Sher Bahadur Deuba faction NSU leaders submitted the memorandum calling for immediate convening of the union's general convention, said Pushpa Kumar Shahi, vice chair candidate of the NSU.
Shahi said that the establishment faction postponed the convention after sensing their factions' defeat in the convention.
While receiving the memorandum, party general secretary Prakash Man Singh assured them that he would make efforts for the convention after holding discussions with the party.
The NSU convention has been postponed for the seventh time.
Similarly, after submitting the memorandum to the party General Secretary Singh, NSU leaders said that they would be compelled to organize different protest programmes if their demands were not addressed by the party.