- About 3,000 Palestinians participate in protest along Israel-Gaza border
- Trump calls DPRK's nuke test suspension "very good news"
- Minister Tamang sees no prosperity without youths' contribution
- Foreign Minister Gyawali back home from China, outlines five priority areas under BRI
- Speaker Mahara launches book on agricultural economy of Nepal
NSU Deuba faction submits memorandum to DPM Singh
Kathmandu, Nov 18: Leaders of Nepal Students Union (NSU) who are in favor of its convention have submitted a memorandum to the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Federal Affairs and Local Development today.
Party senior leader Sher Bahadur Deuba faction NSU leaders submitted the memorandum calling for immediate convening of the union's general convention, said Pushpa Kumar Shahi, vice chair candidate of the NSU.
Shahi said that the establishment faction postponed the convention after sensing their factions' defeat in the convention.
While receiving the memorandum, party general secretary Prakash Man Singh assured them that he would make efforts for the convention after holding discussions with the party.
The NSU convention has been postponed for the seventh time.
Similarly, after submitting the memorandum to the party General Secretary Singh, NSU leaders said that they would be compelled to organize different protest programmes if their demands were not addressed by the party.
Nepal is a country that produces some of the finest tea in the world. Its share in the international market is gradually increasing – from a nascent...