- Body of a woman, probably murdered, recovered in Sarlahi
- Motorable bridge underconstruction at Dana, Annapurna Rural Municipality-3, swept away
- Individual grabs community school's land at Siddharthanagar Municipality-3
- Conflict issues remain as pain of nation: leader Khanal
- Disaster preparedness and response initiative concludes
Swami Prapannacharya passes away
Kathmandu, Aug. 21: Swami Prapannacharya passed away this morning. He was 92.
Suffering from ailments related to prostate and respiration since a long time, Swami Prapannacharya passed away at 3:30 am today at the Mrigasthali Ashram in Pashupatinath temple premises.
A member of the then Raj Parishad Standing Committee, the Swami has many research-based creations published in Nepali language, literature and culture. ‘Bed ma k cha?’ (what is in Veda?) is one of his very popular creations.
He had recently been honoured with the Mahabidhyawaridhi title by Nepal Sanskrit University. In recognition of his contributions, the State had been providing him a life-long allowance of Rs. 30,000 per month.
Born in 1980 B.S. in Paanchthar district, the Swami Prapannacharya is learnt to have started reading and writing at the age of 30 years. RSS
The Media Council Bill that the government has registered in the National Assembly has been dragged into controversy. Media workers have also been divided...