Man dies of snake bite in Taplejung
Taplejung, Aug. 26: A man died of snake bite in Durgam VDC of Taplejung district.
Bhoj Kumar Rai,32, a resident of Lelep-6 in the district died after being bitten by a poisonous snake. The incident took place on August 21 when Rai had gone into a maize field.
Following the incident, Rai had been treated at the local health post. But he died after five days of treatment at the post, that later proved futile. Rai died on the way to the district headquarters, according to his sister Bhumika Rai.
Health worker at the post Ram Yadav had assured of treating Rai successfully and hence was not taken to the district headquarters on time, said Bhumika. Lelep is a day’s walk from the district headquarters. RSS
The Media Council Bill that the government has registered in the National Assembly has been dragged into controversy. Media workers have also been divided...