- Seven percent economic growth predicted for this year
- Trump breaks with Japan’s Abe on North Korean missile tests
- Green wave: Europe wakes up to climate concerns after vote
- Journalism should be for promotion of national unity: Prachanda
- Perpetrators of enforced disappearance shall be brought to book: Minister Gyawali
‘One student one tree’
Chandrapur (Rautahat), Aug. 28 : A private school here has initiated a campaign to plant trees with the help of its students.
The Bal Nikentan School in Chandrapur municipality run by the Education Cooperatives Institute has initiated the ‘one student one tree’ campaign. All the eight hundred students studying in the school are required to plant at least one sapling of a tree and protect is as an extra curricular activity, said the school principal Dhruva Sigdel.
The school has been providing the students the saplings. As a result, students as well as teachers have taken up the campaign and planting saplings in the school premises as well as in their respective home or neighbourhood, said teacher Dipak Regmi.
The District Forest Office Rautahat has provided the tree saplings free of cost to the school. RSS