- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
Five reported killed in overnight landslide in Nuwakot
Nuwakot, Aug. 28 : Five people were killed in a landslide that swept away two houses in Gorsyang-2 of Nuwakot last night.
The identity of the dead is know yet known, according to the District Police Office, Nuwakot. The locals had found the five buried in the debris.
A police team has reached the site early this morning. Five people were rescued alive, said police inspector Padhumna Adhikari. Another police team has left for the site.
Many more people are still believed to have been trapped in the debris of the two houses, said local resident Rajaram Adhikari. The landslide continues to fall.
Landslip has also been reported in Samari-7 of Nuwakot. Some houses have been reported to have been buried and a police team has left for the site, the police office said. RSS
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...