- 41 power thieves fined in Dang
- Airlifted to Kathmandu in wee hours, protesting Dr KC under medical care at TU Hospital
- Wildfire that engulfed hundreds of hectares of Parbat forests goes out of control
- 33 years of construction, 43 kilometers Doti road struggling for completion
- NBSM seals off three petrol stations in Bara
Devotees throng Kumbheshwor fair
Lalitpur, Aug. 29: Thousands of devotees have thronged the Bumbheshwor Temple at Bangalamukhi in Lalitpur to pay homage to the deity from early morning today.
As per the tradition, the devotees take a holy dip, change the 'Janai' (the sacred thread) around their bodies from the left shoulder, receive the 'Rakshya Bandhan and offer Pooja every year on the occasion of Janai Purnima Festival in this temple.
It is said that a large number of locals from Patan, Chapagaun, Harisiddhi, Thaiba, Dhapakhel, Sunakothi, Bungmati, Khokana, Godawari have arrived in Kumbheshwor.
Meanwhile, Bombo, a conjurer in Tamang community play Dhyangro (a traditional playing instrument) and perform cultural shows. Such cultural processions are held in the remote Kaleshwor, Shankhu, Gotikhel, Malta and other areas in the district.
Youth leader Shankar Pokharel happened to contest the elections to the provincial parliament of Province-5 last year. His decision generated national...