- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
New constitution within mid-Sept: UCPN (Maoist) spokesperson
Bhaktapur, Sept 4: UCPN (Maoist) spokesperson Dina Nath Sharma has said that a new constitution would be promulgated within mid-September.
Speaking in an interaction organized by the Rafat Sanchar Club in the district today, leader Sharma said that none could stop the constitution to be promulgated though some forces were working against it.
He added that the constitution should be promulgated from the Constituent Assembly and that the party was flexible for the same.
He further informed that the party was consulting with the Madhes centric parties for consensus and it would bear results by tomorrow.
Leader Sharma added that his party has no involvement in the Terai protests and if such activities were found carried out from Indian side then the government should strengthen the border security.
He added that the government should not comment on such issues baselessly, if it was true then it should be dealt with diplomatically.
The UCPN (Maoist) spokesperson Sharma urged the government to be alert in the terai protest as some forcers were active in the terai protest only for their selfish motive.