- 41 power thieves fined in Dang
- Airlifted to Kathmandu in wee hours, protesting Dr KC under medical care at TU Hospital
- Wildfire that engulfed hundreds of hectares of Parbat forests goes out of control
- 33 years of construction, 43 kilometers Doti road struggling for completion
- NBSM seals off three petrol stations in Bara
Students at schools in 11 Bajura VDCs still without textbooks
Bajura, Sept 9: The Grade six to 10 students at all schools in the 11 remote VDCs in the district are still without textbooks, five months into the new academic session.
This problem has arisen as the Janak Education Materials Centre Ltd, the government undertaking responsible for printing and supplying school textbooks, has not been able to supply the required number of textbooks and to pay the dues it owes to the local book depots.
As a result, the students at schools in these VDCs had to sit for the quarterly and half-yearly examinations without textbooks. The examinations were held this week. Moreover, the students of this remote district have to solely depend on the school textbook as there are no other references and study materials available. Many schools lack well-stocked libraries and the teachers also cannot teach without the aid of the textbooks.
These VDCs lie to the north-eastern belt of the district and are inaccessible by road. RSS
Youth leader Shankar Pokharel happened to contest the elections to the provincial parliament of Province-5 last year. His decision generated national...