- Houses in Humla's remote villages give way under incessant downpour
- Police hand over Rs 21,000 seized from gamblers to support students
- Former people's representative Sangraula passes away
- Vultures disappearing from Bardiya at an alarming rate, 1200 pairs recorded in 2006
- Kylie breaks silence on Tyga split
Children call for peace and constitutional guarantee of child rights
Babiyachaur (Myagdi), Sept 14: Children in Myagdi have demanded peace and a new constitution guaranteeing child rights through songs.
Children came up with the voice while participating in the inter-secondary school child songs recitation competition organized at Myagdi headquarters Beni to mark the National Child Day-2072 on Sunday.
Imparting a message that in-fighting and conflict would bring the country nowhere, they called for the promulgation of child-friendly constitution and thereby establishing peace in the country.
The songs recitation programme was organized by Myagdi District Child Welfare Committee in coordination with District Education Office and cooperation from Myagdi Community Development Project implemented by Asal Chhimek Nepal. Some seven schools took part in the event. RSS
Ambassador of Nepal to the United Nations 1991-1994, Jaya Raj Acharya was inspired by diplomatic luminaries such as Prof. Yadunath Khanal and Rishikesh...