- Seven percent economic growth predicted for this year
- Trump breaks with Japan’s Abe on North Korean missile tests
- Green wave: Europe wakes up to climate concerns after vote
- Journalism should be for promotion of national unity: Prachanda
- Perpetrators of enforced disappearance shall be brought to book: Minister Gyawali
Children call for peace and constitutional guarantee of child rights
Babiyachaur (Myagdi), Sept 14: Children in Myagdi have demanded peace and a new constitution guaranteeing child rights through songs.
Children came up with the voice while participating in the inter-secondary school child songs recitation competition organized at Myagdi headquarters Beni to mark the National Child Day-2072 on Sunday.
Imparting a message that in-fighting and conflict would bring the country nowhere, they called for the promulgation of child-friendly constitution and thereby establishing peace in the country.
The songs recitation programme was organized by Myagdi District Child Welfare Committee in coordination with District Education Office and cooperation from Myagdi Community Development Project implemented by Asal Chhimek Nepal. Some seven schools took part in the event. RSS