- Body of a woman, probably murdered, recovered in Sarlahi
- Motorable bridge underconstruction at Dana, Annapurna Rural Municipality-3, swept away
- Individual grabs community school's land at Siddharthanagar Municipality-3
- Conflict issues remain as pain of nation: leader Khanal
- Disaster preparedness and response initiative concludes
Social workers honoured
Kathmandu, Sept. 15: The Banepa-based 'Prativa Samman Prabandha Guthi' has honoured social workers Dil Sundar Shrestha and Hari Bhakta Bhochhibhoya in Banepa on Monday on the occasion of the International Literacy Day.
Social worker Bhim Bahadur Adhikari honoured the two and said that social work was the supreme religion as it offers a sense of satisfaction to the self and helps in social upliftment.
On the occasion, member secretary of Nepali Education Council Rama Sharma, Hira Sharma Nepal, Bhidhan Joshi and other participants congratulated the honoured figures and lauded their contributions to the society.
Similarly, four SLC graduate students of 2071 BS from the district were prized for their outstanding result.
Chairman of Guthi Mohan Duwal said that Smriti Chaulagain of Gyan Jyoti English Secondary School, Bibek Timalsina of Kavre Secondary School, Sarina Shrestha of Shree Krishna Higher Secondary School and Sugam Banjara of Bhaleshwor Higher Secondary School were prized with Rs 3,000 each. RSS
The Media Council Bill that the government has registered in the National Assembly has been dragged into controversy. Media workers have also been divided...