- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
Curfew lifted only for today in Dhangadhi
Dhangadhi, Sept. 16: The District Administration Office, Kailali, has lifted the curfew order only for today in Dhangadhi city area considering the Teej festival. The local administration has enforced the curfew order for 22 days in the daytime.
However, decision to issue a prohibitory order preventing the agitating sides from organising demonstrations would continue. According to a press statement issued by the District Administration Office, religious activities could be performed from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm today.
Likewise, the curfew order clamped in Tikapur and Bhajani-Trishakti municipalities and the adjoining VDCs except Khailad VDC has been lifted from 6:00 am to 4:00 pm today. But, the municipalities and VDCs are still declared the riot-hit areas. RSS
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...