- NC leader Regmi passes away
- 41 power thieves fined in Dang
- Airlifted to Kathmandu in wee hours, protesting Dr KC under medical care at TU Hospital
- Wildfire that engulfed hundreds of hectares of Parbat forests goes out of control
- 33 years of construction, 43 kilometers Doti road struggling for completion
Gopaldas journalism award to Chemjong
Gaighat (Udayapur), Sept 21: Senior journalist of Udayapur, Kaushal Chemjong, who has been continuously serving journalism profession from outside Kathmandu Valley for more than two decades is to be honoured with this year's Gopal Das Journalism Award.
The Gopaldas Award Foundation and Press Council Nepal on September 19 decided to present Gopal Das Journalism Award with a cash prize Rs 100,000 senior journalist Chemjong.
"I have flet that my sincere and consistent involvement in journalism profession has been acknowledged with the award. The decision has inspired me to do more in this profession in coming days", Chemjong commented.
Chemjong had been in journalism profession since 1989. He will be presented the award amidst a programme to take place in Kathmandu on September 23. RSS
Youth leader Shankar Pokharel happened to contest the elections to the provincial parliament of Province-5 last year. His decision generated national...