- About 3,000 Palestinians participate in protest along Israel-Gaza border
- Trump calls DPRK's nuke test suspension "very good news"
- Minister Tamang sees no prosperity without youths' contribution
- Foreign Minister Gyawali back home from China, outlines five priority areas under BRI
- Speaker Mahara launches book on agricultural economy of Nepal
Police launch anti-booze campaign
Tulsipur (Dang), Sept 24: Police have intensified a campaign to control illegal sale and consumption of booze in different parts of Dang district.
As part of the campaign, Area Police Office Tulsipur focused anti-alcohol campaign at bus park area of Tulsipur municipality and in ward 1,3,8 and 9 of Bijauri VDC on Wednesday.
In an objective of ending social anomalies, a committee comprising representatives of local organizations was formed on Wednesday to check domestic violence, gambling and alcohol.
A meeting held under the coordination of In-charge of Temporary Police Post Beljhundi Kali Bahadur Malla formed a nine-member committee with Giriraj Pandey in the lead role.
The campaign has been initiated to engage citizens to control such unwanted activities in society as lone efforts of police will not suffice to get such thing done, said Area Police Office, Tulsipur, In-Charge Krishna Prasain.
The committee has prepared a plan to check domestic violence and excessive alcoholic consumption at ward number 8 and 9 of Manpur and ward 1 and 3 of Bijauri. RSS
Nepal is a country that produces some of the finest tea in the world. Its share in the international market is gradually increasing – from a nascent...