- About 3,000 Palestinians participate in protest along Israel-Gaza border
- Trump calls DPRK's nuke test suspension "very good news"
- Minister Tamang sees no prosperity without youths' contribution
- Foreign Minister Gyawali back home from China, outlines five priority areas under BRI
- Speaker Mahara launches book on agricultural economy of Nepal
Parliament passes condolence motions on demise of Thapa and Chaudhary
Kathmandu, Oct 4: The meeting of the Legislature-Parliament today concluded with passing two condolence motions on the demise of its former members Nar Bahadur Thapa and Ram Charan Chaudhary.
Nepali Congress leader Thapa, who had been elected to the parliament during the 2015 BS election from the Kathmandu constituency no.2 and had a significant contribution to the restoration of democracy in the country, passed away on September 20 at the age of 90.
Similarly, UCPN (Maoist) leader and former minister Chaudhary who was elected to the Constituent Assembly ( first) from Bardiya constituency no 4 succumbed to stomach cancer on October 2.
The meeting expressed deep sorrow over the demise of Thapa and Chaudhary, prayed for eternal peace to the departed souls and extended heartfelt condolences to the bereaved families. The meeting observed moment of silence in the memory of the late leaders.
Earlier in the meeting, Speaker Subash Chandra Nembang read out a letter received from President Dr Ram Baran Yadav calling for the formation of a new Council of Ministers within a week.
The Legislature-Parliament will meet at 13:00 am on October 9.
Nepal is a country that produces some of the finest tea in the world. Its share in the international market is gradually increasing – from a nascent...