- Rapist gets life imprisonment
- Province- 2 CM Raut seeking vote of confidence in provincial parliament today
- Indian national killed in bus mishap
- PM pledges to develop Indradaha into tourist spot Highlights Kalu Pandey’s contribution to nation building
- Notorious gangster Pun killed in police encounter
Tree plantation drive for green and clean Kathmandu
Kathmandu, Oct 7: The tree plantation drive is on to develop Kathmandu a green and clean city.
According to Chief of Environment Management Department under the Kathmandu Metropolis Hari Kunwar, around 300 saplings of various species have been so far planted in the area from Tripureswor leading to Thapathali, Bhadrakali and Singha Durbar – the main administrative building of Nepal Government.
Likewise, preparation is underway to plant green trees in front of National City Hall, Baneswor Chowk and Tribhuvan International Airport. The metropolis has also come up with a plan to preserve the saplings planted in various parts of Kathmandu earlier, Kunwar shared.
The Department sources further stated that the campaign has been put in place to ease the protection of trees planted in view of the SAARC Summit.
The trees planted before the 18th SAARC Summit have not been protected well in many areas. Keeping this in mind, the department has come up with a campaign to revive greenery in Kathmandu, Kunwar further noted. RSS