- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
Padhmashree Literary Prize awarded
Kathmandu, Oct. 27: Literary figures Mohan Mainali and Upendra Subba were jointly presented with Padhmashree Literary Prize-2071 amidst a function organised in the capital city on Monday. The prize carries a purse of Rs 100,000 each.
Mainali was prized for his ‘Mantha Darayeko Jug’ while Subba for his literary creation ‘Lato Pahad’.
Similarly, noted humorists Madan Krishna Shrestha and Hari Bansa Acharya were awarded Padhmashree Sadhana Samman-2071. The comedians were given Rs 100,000 each for the ‘Padhmashree Sadhana Samman’.
Former President of Non Nepalis Resident Association (NRNA) Dr Jiba Lamichhane handed over the prizes to the honoured personalities set up by the Khemlal-Harikala Lamichhane Welfare Society Academy. RSS
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...