- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Padhmashree Literary Prize awarded
Kathmandu, Oct. 27: Literary figures Mohan Mainali and Upendra Subba were jointly presented with Padhmashree Literary Prize-2071 amidst a function organised in the capital city on Monday. The prize carries a purse of Rs 100,000 each.
Mainali was prized for his ‘Mantha Darayeko Jug’ while Subba for his literary creation ‘Lato Pahad’.
Similarly, noted humorists Madan Krishna Shrestha and Hari Bansa Acharya were awarded Padhmashree Sadhana Samman-2071. The comedians were given Rs 100,000 each for the ‘Padhmashree Sadhana Samman’.
Former President of Non Nepalis Resident Association (NRNA) Dr Jiba Lamichhane handed over the prizes to the honoured personalities set up by the Khemlal-Harikala Lamichhane Welfare Society Academy. RSS