- Houses in Humla's remote villages give way under incessant downpour
- Police hand over Rs 21,000 seized from gamblers to support students
- Former people's representative Sangraula passes away
- Vultures disappearing from Bardiya at an alarming rate, 1200 pairs recorded in 2006
- Kylie breaks silence on Tyga split
Death toll reaches 30 in Rasuwa bus accident
Rasuwa, Nov 3: The death toll in the road accident at Ramche VDC-3 along the Pasang Lhamu road section this afternoon has reached 30. Of the deceased 17 are males, 12 females while one is a child.
Chief District Officer Shiv Ram Gelal informed that the death toll might climb.
The accident took place when a bus (Na 3 Kha 5706) heading towards Chilime of Rasuwa from Kathmandu fell some 500 meters off the road at 1:00 pm, said police.
More than 100 passengers were travelling in the bus. The incident site lies 12 kilometers south of Dhunche, the district headquarters.
The passengers who sustained serious injuries have been sent to Kathmandu while others are sent to the District Hospital, Dhunche, for treatment. A joint team of Nepal army, Nepal Police and the Armed Police Force along with locals are rescuing the injured.
Ambassador of Nepal to the United Nations 1991-1994, Jaya Raj Acharya was inspired by diplomatic luminaries such as Prof. Yadunath Khanal and Rishikesh...