- Body of a woman, probably murdered, recovered in Sarlahi
- Motorable bridge underconstruction at Dana, Annapurna Rural Municipality-3, swept away
- Individual grabs community school's land at Siddharthanagar Municipality-3
- Conflict issues remain as pain of nation: leader Khanal
- Disaster preparedness and response initiative concludes
Terai problem internal affair of Nepal: Home Minister
Kathmandu, Nov. 4: Home Minister Shakti Basnet on Wednesday said that the problem in Terai was the internal issue of Nepal and it was capable of resolving it itself.
Minister Basnet made these remarks during the meeting with Japanese Ambassador to Nepal Masashi Ogawa at the former's office in Singha Durbar.
During the meeting, he said that the government was ready to address the issues in Madhes and resolve it.
On the occasion, Ambassador Ogawa had expressed his concern over the ongoing movement in Terai and the economic blockade.
Expressing his happiness over the conclusion of constitution drafting process and new government formation process, he said that the government of Japan would provide the committed support to the government of Nepal in its post earthquake reconstruction drive.
"The government of Japan is ready to extend its support for the reconstruction of Nepal once the reconstruction authority is revived," he said.
On the occasion, the duo discussed the bilateral mutual relations among others.
The Media Council Bill that the government has registered in the National Assembly has been dragged into controversy. Media workers have also been divided...