- Govt., EC and Federal Alliance discuss on easing legal complexity
- DIG Silwal under police control for inquiry
- Two years after Gorkha quake, 172 of 372 quake-damaged health institutions yet to built
- Local polls catapult women to leadership rung, says Jha
- Merger Of Madhesi Parties: End Of Doctrine Of Madhesbad?
Over 100 goods-loaded Nepal bound vehicles stranded at Jamunaha
Nepalgunj, Nov 4: Hundreds of goods-loaded vehicles have been stranded towards India after customs office in India did not issue customs clearance to the vehicles entering Nepal via Jamunaha border check point of Nepalgunj.
Officers at the Indian Customs Office have prohibited the entry of the vehicles carrying goods and petroleum products from Tuesday afternoon, citing order from higher authorities.
Chief District Officer of Banke, Bed Prakash Lekhak said that problem has surfaced at the border point after India did not issue customs permit.
It has been seen that India has also tried to prevent the entry of goods-loaded vehicles in recent period. Before this, officials of Indian Customs Office had not made any obstruction in the entry of goods-loaded vehicles to Nepal.
According to Jamunaha police, over 100 goods carrying vehicles are in line seeking customs permit.
Ranju Kumari Jha (Thakur) is chairperson of the Women, Elderly Citizens and Social Welfare Committee of the Legislature-Parliament. Born in 2023 BS in Rajbiraj, CPN-UML lawmaker Jha plunged into student politics in 2045 BS, and became a member of the All Nepal National Free Students Union. She got elected...