- 41 power thieves fined in Dang
- Airlifted to Kathmandu in wee hours, protesting Dr KC under medical care at TU Hospital
- Wildfire that engulfed hundreds of hectares of Parbat forests goes out of control
- 33 years of construction, 43 kilometers Doti road struggling for completion
- NBSM seals off three petrol stations in Bara
Direct bus service from Darbang to Kathmandu
Myagdi, Nov 10: A direct bus service has started from Darbang – the second commercial centre of Myagdi – to the capital city of Kathmandu. The direct bus service from Darbang to Kathmandu has been brought into operation this week under the joint management venture of Myagdi Jeep and Bus Operators Committee and Dhaulagiri Zonal Transport Bus Entrepreneur Committee.
Earlier, people from western Myagdi were compelled to change vehicle on the way to Kathmandu in district headquarters, Beni. A bus left for Kathmandu from Darbang at 5.30 pm every evening, said Myagdi Jeep and Bus Operators Committee Chairperson Surat KC.
With the service in effect, the residents of around a dozen VDCs of western Myagdi got the chance to go to Kathmandu directly from Darbang. The passengers are freed from unnecessary double financial burden and compulsion of changing vehicle on the way, said Kiran Thapa, a local. RSS
Youth leader Shankar Pokharel happened to contest the elections to the provincial parliament of Province-5 last year. His decision generated national...