- Peace cannot be conceived of by keeping the people in poverty: Chairman Prachanda
- Kim agrees to additional denuclearization steps in summit with Moon
- 16,663 Afghan refugees return home within week: UN agency
- Prosperous province and country, our responsibility-CM Shahi
- Korean Company selected for DPR for Fast-Track
Bisweswor with Poor Programme kicks off at local level
Pyuthan, Nov 19: Garibsanga Bisweswor – a programme to transform the vision of Nepal's veteran socialist leader and first people-elected Prime Minister BP Koirala for elevating living standard of poor people to action – has been launched in two VDCS and two wards of a municipality in Pyuthan district.
The programme has kicked off in two remote VDCs of the district, Ligha and Kochiwang, as part of the District Development Committee. Likewise, the programme has been put in place in two wards of Pyuthan municipality where two VDCs Dharmawati and Khadakwadi were based earlier.
Programme District Facilitator Iswori Prasad Regmi said that the programme has been launched to generate income and employment opportunities so as to enhance livelihood of poor people at local level.
Total budget Rs 1.4 million has been allocated for the programme at district level. Preparations are on to form Bisweswor with Poor Groups and disburse cash up to Rs 70,000 within a group. RSS
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...