- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Thieves open fires injuring one in Myagdi
Myagdi, Dec. 20: A person was injured after a gang of looters opened fires at Darbang in Myagdi district last night.
Beg Prasad Roka, 40, of Darbang VDC-8 has suffered bullet injuries in his right shoulder and back after the burglars opened four rounds of bullets. Roka is receiving treatment at the District Hospital, Beni.
It is said that the dacoits, who had come to the house of Janga Bahadur Purja and Chitra Kumari Purja to rob the Purja family, opened fires when the villagers attempted to chase the burglars away, according to Dinesh Purja, a local resident.
Likewise, police said that the thugs have looted one tola gold, Rs 7,000 and some other property from the house of Janga Bahadur and Chitra Kumari. RSS