- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Snowfall grips Darchula; normal life affected
Baitadi, Dec 25: Darchula district has seen snowfall with abrupt fall in temperature. The normal life in the high-hill region has been adversely affected due to heavy snowfall.
The snowfall followed by dipping mercury has badly affected the folks of Rapla, Ghusa, Khandeswori, Chhidaru, Byas and Tinker VDCs of Rapti, said Pratap Thagunna, a local of Khandeswori. "The breeze coupled with snowfall has further increased cold in the area".
The snowfall was continued since past one week but it was heavy on Thursday causing more effect to elderly and children.
Most of the people of high-hill area have descended to headquarters Khalanga a month earier to shield from biting cold. RSS