- Australian deputy PM Joyce resigns over sexual harassment allegations
- China's UN envoy urges to solve Syria crisis through political settlement
- Warm smiles, cold comfort from N. Korea's Olympic 'army of beauties'
- Man attacks mother to death, sister severely injured
- EU Ambassador lays foundation stone for Panauti Municipality Learning Centre
Community forest provides Rs 350,000 for school building construction
Babiyachaur (Myagdi), Dec. 28: A community forest in Myagdi district has provided Rs 350,000 to a school in the village for its building construction.
The Galeshwor Thulo Salleri Community Forest of Beni Municipality-9 supported the amount that was earned by selling timber, firewood and fodder to the Rastriya Secondary School.
Chairman of school management committee Kamal Chokhal said that the forest users’ committee supported the amount on Sunday. He added that construction of a two-roomed building would be started soon after the financial assistance from the community forest.
Likewise, the community forest has been providing Rs 10,000 each month to the same school to pay the salary of the private teachers.
Chairman of forest users’ committee Tek Bahadur Baniya said that they have used the money received from the sales of firewood and fodder in the social works. RSS