- Rapist gets life imprisonment
- Province- 2 CM Raut seeking vote of confidence in provincial parliament today
- Indian national killed in bus mishap
- PM pledges to develop Indradaha into tourist spot Highlights Kalu Pandey’s contribution to nation building
- Notorious gangster Pun killed in police encounter
Salyan declared 22nd fully literate district
Salyan, Dec 30: Salyan has been declared the 22nd fully literate district.
Education Minister Girirajmani Pokharel made this announcement amid a programme Tuesday by unveiling the symbolic literacy pillar.
The district was declared the fully literate one under Nepal's programme on education for all by 2015, Minister Pokharel said.
District Education Officer Barakhu Prasad Rajak informed that Salyan has elevated to the status with 97.72 per cent people of age group 15-60 in the district turning literate.
On the occasion, Minister Pokharel pledged to take initiative for the establishment of technical institute in Salyan.
Earlier, Parliament's Finance Committee Chairperson Prakash Jwala urged the Education Minister to manage the proportional distribution of teachers' quota in Salyan. RSS